1. Who Are We
Uni Naming & Registry, Corp., has its main place of business and offices at Third Floor, Monaco Towers, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
UNR is under contract with ICANN to be the Registry Operator for the following extensions: .audio, .blackfriday, .christmas, .click, .diet, .flowers, .game, .gift, .guitars, .help, .hiphop, .hiv, .hosting, .juegos, .link, .lol, .mom, .photo, .pics, .property, .sexy, .tattoo.
We also provide Registry Backend services for other extensions: .country, .auto, .cars and .car (collectively “the Extensions”). The list of the Extensions is only indicative and may be updated from time to time.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
While we may from time to time provide links to third parties on the UNR’s web site or as part of our services (“the Linked Parties”), the Linked Parties are not subject to the Policy and we have no control over their usage and storage of data.
2. Data and collection purpose
2.1 Type of Data
- We may collect your details such as your name and email address when you use our contact form (https://uniregistry.link/contact/).
- As part of our Pioneers Program (https://uniregistry.link/pioneers-program/) we ask you to fill an application form (http://www.uniregistry.link/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Pioneers-Program-Application1.pdf) and request your name, address, phone and e-mail.
- We may from time to time send you cookies while you are browsing our web site https://unr.link. When we do, we will explicitly request your consent by showing a dialog box on the page.
b) Registrar Onboarding
ICANN-accredited Registrars can sign a Registry agreement with UNR to become Registrars for the Extensions. As part of such agreements, we need to gather information on Registrars and their representatives. In particular:
- Primary Administrator Name
- Primary Administrator Email
- Primary Finance Email
- Onboarding Contact Name
- Onboarding Contact Email
We also collect the following information for key people in the Registrar’s company: President/CEO, Legal Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact, Marketing Contact, and Contracting Contact:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
Lastly, for the Production Account information we collect:
- Admin Email Address
- Real Name
- Work Phone
- Mobile Phone
c) Domain Name data
UNR is required by our Registry agreements with ICANN to collect data relating to the registration of domain names in the Extensions. While we do not collect registration data directly, we receive it from the Registrar and process it.
- Domain Name
- For the Registrant, the Administrative Contact, the Technical Contact and the Billing Contact of the domain name respectively, we collect the following data:
- Organization (where applicable)
- Fax (where applicable)
- Phone number
2.2 Collection Purpose
We are in the business of providing domain name Registry Services. This is inherently the business of authoritatively identifying the Registrar through which each domain in the Extension is registered, as well as identifying who is the Registrant of each domain name in order to secure their exclusive use by its registrant. These services are provided within the regulatory and contractual framework established by ICANN.
In the performance of our Registry agreement, we need to collect and process personal information about you to provide our Registry service to you, and also to meet our contractual and regulatory obligations. We will only use your personal data for lawful purposes, as required by the GDPR.
We collect the data for the following reasons:
- To provide the services you (or the company you represent) have contracted with us;
- To centralize the authoritative Registrant data at the Registry level to maintain the transparency and stability of the DNS system and/or, where applicable, verify the registrant’s eligibility;
- To monitor and improve our products and services;
- To give you and your customers notice of changes to the services;
- To manage our relationship with our registrars, and, as the case may be, their resellers and affiliates;
- To administer the UNR.link website – or any other website at a different address that would be reflected in the Policy –, as well as for our internal operations, customer support, testing, feedback;
It is important that the personal data we hold about you – and any company or organization you represent – is accurate and current. By using our services, you agree to keep us informed if your personal data changes. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data is relevant, reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current for the purposes for which it is used.
4. Sharing and Transferring
As part of our operation of the Registries for the Extension, we may, from time to time, have to share your data with other data processors (e.g. data escrow providers, per our ICANN Registry agreements) and with other parties with whom we are contracted to provide domain registration services to you, such as your registrar or hosting provider (Collectively “Third Parties”).
While running the Registries for the Extensions, we may have to transfer your data to Third Parties operating in a different country. Our servers are based in the United States so your data may have to be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), even if you are an EU citizen. In such case, we ensure that adequate protective standard clauses approved by the European Commission are present in our agreements which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they provide adequate protection measures as defined by the European Commission (such as but not limited to the Privacy Shield mechanism) which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
5. Your rights
UNR values your privacy and we commit to protecting your data and your rights. We believe you should be able to exercise those rights easily and have set up a dedicated Privacy@unr.com e-mail address for the users of our Registry platform, where you can request to benefit from the following:
5.1 Right to be informed
5.2 Right to access your data
You have the right to ask us whether we hold your personal data and to ask us for a copy of the personal data that we have collected (“Subject Access”). Send us your request at Privacy@unr.com and we will send the data electronically, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to your e-mail address within a month. You may use that file to port this data to another provider, with the understanding that UNR is the sole Registry Operator for the Extensions.
5.3 Correcting your data
You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data that may be inaccurate. Send us your request at Privacy@unr.com with your requested corrections and we will update them within a month.
5.4 Delete or remove your data
Although you can ask us to delete your data by sending your request at Privacy@unr.com (“right to be forgotten”).
You should note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal or contractual reasons, notably during the lifecycle of a domain name or while you are an accredited Registrar for our Extensions.
Those reasons will be notified to you within a month of your request.
5.5 Object to, or restrict processing
You can object to or restrict our processing of your data by sending your request at Privacy@unr.com. However, because our contractual obligations and industry regulations, we cannot provide Registry services without personal processing personal data so we would need to cancel all services and close your accounts.
5.6 Withdraw your consent
You can revoke your consent to our processing of your information at any time by sending your request at Privacy@unr.com, with the understanding that it may mean we have to terminate the services you were using.
In the unlikely event you believe we’re using your personal information in ways that are unlawful, or if we’re continuing to use information that you think is inaccurate, you can ask us to restrict this processing.
6. Data Retention
We do not retain any personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
7. Disputes – Disclosure of Data
As part of our operation of the Extensions you understand and agree that we must disclose your data to third parties upon request, in the following cases:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or contractual (e.g. ICANN Compliance) obligation; or to protect the rights property or safety of UNR, or its customers;
- If you or one of your customers is subject to a dispute linked to a domain name in one of the Extensions such as, but not limited to, arbitration proceedings based on ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”), or a decision based on ICANN’s Uniform Rapid Suspension policy (“URS”);
- As part of our contractual obligations with ICANN, including the “Temporary Specification for Registration Data” adopted on May 25th 2018 (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-registration-data-specs-en), we may need to disclose your data on request by law enforcement officials or third parties with legitimate interests, for matters of consumer protection, investigation of cybercrime, DNS abuse, and intellectual property protection.
8. Directory Service – Redacted Whois
As a Registry Operator for the Extensions we are maintaining Registration Data Directory Services (“Whois”). As part of our contractual obligations with ICANN, including the “Temporary Specification for Registration Data” adopted on May 25th 2018 (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-registration-data-specs-en), we will display the following Registrant fields as “redacted” unless the registrant/customer of our Registrar Partner has provided Consent to publish their data:
- Registry Registrant ID
- Registrant Name
- Registrant Street
- Registrant City
- Registrant Postal Code
- Registrant Phone
- Registrant Phone Ext
- Registrant Fax
- Registrant Fax Ext
- Registry Admin/Tech/Other ID
- Admin/Tech/Other Name
- Admin/Tech/Other Organization
- Admin/Tech/Other Street
- Admin/Tech/Other City
- Admin/Tech/Other State/Province
- Admin/Tech/Other Postal Code
- Admin/Tech/Other Country
- Admin/Tech/Other Phone
- Admin/Tech/Other Phone Ext
- Admin/Tech/Other Fax
- Admin/Tech/Other Fax Ext
Moreover, as part of the technical operation of the Extensions and under obligation by ICANN we will continue to provide Bulk Registration Data Access to ICANN and communicate the following data for all registered domain names:
- domain name
- domain name repository object id (roid)
- Registrar ID (IANA ID)
- Last updated date, creation date, expiration date
- name server names
We take data security and data privacy very seriously. If you have questions or concerns please contact us:
- E-mail: Privacy@Unr.com
- Address: Privacy Officer – Third Floor, Monaco Towers, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.